There have been a few times recently when users have added files in Eclipse, but the files were not picked up by Teamprise's Eclipse Plug-in as a Pending Change. If this happens, the new file will have a "?" on it. It's one of those incidents that we can't seem to reproduce, but happens ever so often. It also seems to happen to a small subset of users.
If you run into this problem, a work around is to manually add the files. I'm doing this from memory so the steps might be slightly off. However, I think it's close.
- Show the Team Explorer Panel in Eclipse. Window > View > Teamprise > Team Explorer.
- Make sure your Team Project is selected and expand it. There you will see Source Control.
- Double click on Source Control.
- In Source Control, path yourself down to the correct directory where the files were indented to be added.
- Right Click on the directory you're wanting to add the file to and say "Add Files to Source Control" (or something like that).
- Now select the files that were not added by the plug-in.
- Back in Eclipse's Package Explorer (or what ever view you're using), Right Click > Team > Synchronize.
- The Synchronize command should now make the "?" files show up as "+" files and thus added to your Pending Changes.
Hope this helps anyone who runs into a similar situation.