Monday, October 08, 2007

A follow-up on a few suggestions for TFS.

I thought I'd provide an update on some of the suggestions I've posted the past few weeks.

"Find In Files" - Good news. Microsoft said they plan on adding this feature in an upcoming release. I'm not sure if it's in the Orcus release or Rosario. Being it was just "resolved" in September of 07, I'm guessing it will be in the Rosario release in late 2008 - or so I've heard. Click here for details.

"Multiple Source Control trees pointed to one local directory" - Bad news. It does not look like Microsoft has plans to change this anytime soon. Click here for details.

"Right Click and "Set Working Folder"" I've submitted this to Microsoft to see if they'd like to add the feature. Our Teamprise users really like it so we'll see what Microsoft comes back with. Click here for details.

"Allow "Get Latest Version at Checkout to be a preference setting"" - We've submitted a suggestion with Microsoft, so we'll see what they come back with. We really like this feature in Teamprise so hopefully Microsoft will listen to us! Click here for details.

"Undo you check out, but keep changes" - We've submitted this to Microsoft as a suggestion. Click here for details.

"Diff files at check in" - We've submitted this to Microsoft as a suggestion. Click here for details.

No comments: