Monday, January 28, 2008

New Blogger

My colleague Greg Collins is now blogging. While my blog is geared towards TFS and Teamprise, Greg's will be more on the software configuration management side of our business. For example in his first post, he wrote about how to grab certain values out of our major.minor.bug.build release number schema using Ant. We needed this solution so that our Teamprise Ant scripts know where to grab release code from during build time on our Linux/Linux64/Unix machines.

Being that we do most all of our CM work in TFS, I'm sure he'll have a number of postings related to specific solutions that we've found for TFS.

Greg is actually the person who figured out how to use Team Build for our Java builds. I was a bit sceptical, but Greg was persistent and as it turns out, we love using Team Build for our Java based builds.

I encourage you to check out his blog at softwareconfiguraton.blogspot.com

No comments: