Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Contents of a Changeset when Accessing via a Work Item Link

UPDATE: I'm smoking crack. There is a slight change to the use case below. I left the original use case in there for an example of what works fine. The behavior I was seeing works the same in both VS 2008 and VS 2010. Sorry for the trouble of this post.

Using Visual Studio 2010 connecting to a TFS 2008 Server I can’t seem to get the nice dialog box to look at the contents of a Changeset that is linked to a Work Item. When I double click on it, I get a IE window that shows the contents in an HTML page, but I don’t have a dialog open up where I can do things like Right Click and compare to Previous Version. This is annoying as I use this feature all the time for code reviews and bug fix approvals.

I tried putting on TFS 2010 Power Tools, but this too did not give me the option. Tomorrow I’ll try to connect to a TFS 2010 Server instance to see if that changes the behavior. We have a number of people that use this procedure for code reviews and I can see some upset faces if we don’t have a better solution. Here is the exact use case again:


1) Open a Work Item
2) Click on Links
3) Double Click on Changeset.
4) This opens IE with the contents instead of a dialog box.


1) View History on a file in Source Control
2) Double Click on Changeset
3) Click on Work Item
4) Click on Links
5) Double Click on Changeset
6) Here is where I get IE popping up.

Oddly, I get the Changeset dialog box fine when I go directly to a Work Item to the linked Changeset. It's when I got to a Changeset to a Work Item to its linked Changesets that I get IE popping up.

Again, in VS 2008 this would give you a dialog box where you can do things like compare to previous version. In VS 2010, this seems to give me only a popup to IE.

Maybe I’m missing something? Yes you are Mac. This works the same in VS 2008 and VS 2010.

11 comments:

burtong said...

一個人最大的敵人常是自己。 ............................................................

靖綠 said...

性感遊戲 一葉晴貼影片區 av127 影音視訊交友 yes123日本即時通視訊女郎帳號 av 女優 卡通美女短片免費試看 a片天堂台灣論壇成人a漫畫 a片av 短片 都都成人站 百事免費av視訊聊天網 2sex999情人輔助品 上班族追愛聯盟 日本av女優 85cc免費聊天室 上班族視訊情色小站 s38視訊聊天avdd 亞洲限制級成人影片區 月光論壇080大學生視訊 視訊美女manhattan 成人夜色直播 tt1069交友 小妹妹援交友留言桃園 gogo2sex無碼女優情色 台灣藝人模特兒 av 女優,黑色會美眉 3y3成人色色網 熊貓成人貼,無碼a片 77p2p影片網中文版 38girl免費視訊聊天 色情漫畫777美女 免費彩虹頻道 打手槍 383成人 免費成人影片觀賞avdvd qq 美美色網漫畫 77p2p影片網愛田 sexy girl色妹妹視訊 百分百成人圖片美女寫真34c bbs論壇本土自拍 台灣kiss色網 kk124視訊俱樂部 卡通aa片hilive tv 免費電影天堂 性感用品性易購 南部已婚聊天室 080 aio甜心寶貝貼片微風論壇 18-成人交友區 情人高雄辣妹視訊34c xxx免費無碼a片 美眉共和國080情人網 080情人同志交友網 美女kk69

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

Where did you purchase this product?.................................................................

洪筱婷 said...

blog不錯唷~我會常常來看的~加油~!!

婉婷 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。......................................................................

佩春 said...

Quality is better than quantity.................................................................

雅莊王edgd春2蕙婷余惠其 said...

安一估~你也安一估哦~............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough. ............................................................

云依恩HFH謝鄭JTR安 said...

累了嗎?來杯咖啡休息一下吧!............................................................

瑤德 said...

如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。..................................................................

Alain said...

Not sure if you ever figured this out - but you can perform a "compare to previous version" by ctrl+clicking to highlight the two files you want to compare, and then clicking compare. Otherwise, clicking compare compares to your local version.