Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Team Explorer "did not load because of previous errors"

My colleague installed TFS 2008 SP1 on our app tier.  He then uninstalled it because we were having some issues, which we're tracking down. However, after uninstalling, we were unable to open Team Explorer due to the following error.

The Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.ServicesHostPackage, Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.TeamExplorer, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a ({8E01EC3E-2928-4AA5-B720-E28C163818E6}) did not load because of previous errors. For assistance, contact the package vendor. To attempt to load this package again, type 'devenv /resetskippkgs' at the command prompt.

I'm not sure what /resetskippkgs does, but I ran it and Team Explorer is now back to being functional.  If you run into a similar problem, I’d be interested to see if this /resetskippkgs works for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks It worked for me as well.