Friday, February 01, 2008

Slight change in my role

If you're a regular reader of my daily Thoughts blog, you'll notice that I'm changing groups starting Monday. Oddly enough, the first assignment in my new group is to get TFS up and running for them.

The new group is starting off with TFS 2008 so I won't get to experience the 2005 to 2008 upgrade. However, given I'm just a floor away, I'm sure my old group will ask for some help when the time comes.

Given I'm heading to a new group, my postings may change slightly. I'll still be supporting Teamprise users, but over half the group uses Team Explorer so that may sway my subject matter a bit. I'm also taking on some more responsibility (with very little more pay). In addition to leading up the TFS adoption, which includes Work Item Tracking, Reporting, Documents, Team Build, and Source Control features (including branching and code-line policy), I'm responsible for deployment strategy. That is, how in the heck we're going to blow out the build results to large server farms. Daunting to say the least.

I hope you'll keep reading as I still plan on posting what has become simply a brain dump on our company's adoption of TFS.

No comments: